If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Are you in a search for the best night bouldering light that will help make your night climbing adventure funfilled? Then relax and read on because you are in the right place
In this article, we review some of the best light for night bouldering currently available on the market.
These lights will not only serve as your night bouldering light, but you can effectively use them as an emergency light, camping light, and lighting for other outdoor events.
- Our Top Recommendation
- Best Night Bouldering Flood Light Review
- Best Cordless/Rechargeable Bouldering Light
- Best Night Bouldering Headlamps
- Why You Should Have a Bouldering Light
- Tips for Night Bouldering
Our Top Recommendation
Based on this review, Eurus 50W LED Flood Light for Night Bouldering is the editors’ choice for the best light for night bouldering.
Bouldering can be pretty exciting. It’s a means of reigniting your competitive spirit and supplies you with a good rush of adrenalin and fun.
These benefits you will probably enjoy more if you are climbing at night.
The darkness and quiet provide an extra challenge and make your victories over the heights all the more satisfying.
But you’re not going to make much headway up the rocks without some light to guide you. If your bouldering location is away from built-up areas- as is usually the case with this activity –you’ll have to carry your light source with you.
Given the risks involved with trying to scale heights, you’ll want to go for lighting that gives you a reasonably broad view of surfaces and also lets you see the rough details and pieces of rock jutting out.
Some lights are better in doing this than others, so you to be deliberate with selection in this regard.
This article should make choosing a bit easier.
Here, we review some of the best options for lighting up your night climbing activity, so you don’t have to begin your hunt from scratch. Our picks include floodlights, cordless or rechargeable, and headlamps.
These may serve slightly different functions, so you should probably take one of each type with you on your climbs.
Best Night Bouldering Flood Light Review
Floodlights could give you a broad-brush illumination of the area surrounding the hill you’re taking on. It can also supplement the light you carry up the mountain with you (usually a headlamp) from the ground.
Here are a few floodlights you may want to check out.
1. Eurus 50W LED Flood Light for Night Bouldering
This floodlight has a movable stand that lets it function as a stationary light source. It also has a sizeable head with a 360-degree rotation that allows its user to redirect its illumination as they see fit. And it has a metal body too, so it should stay in shape for a long time.
The lighting is quite good; although it’s not dimmable, the 4500 lm brightness you get from it should capture the surfaces you want it to just fine.
With its battery fully charged, you can expect 4-6 hours of quality lighting from it. Hopefully, this proves sufficient for your nocturnal adventure.
In case the rains come around while you’re plotting your way up the heights, you can rest assured that this floodlight won’t spoil in the water. As long as it doesn’t drown in a puddle, it should remain undamaged by the elements.
2. OTYTY 100W COB Portable LED Bouldering Light
- 【Extreme Brightness & Power Saving】100W 8000 Lumen super bright led work lights rechargeable,...
- 【4 Modes & IP65 Waterproof】Press the switch on button turn on the portable work light: 2000...
- 【Easy to Use】Easy to install and mounted / hang in anywhere what you like. OTYTY led work light...
- 【Portable & Flexible】OTYTY portable and lightweight work light, hanging on truck or hand held....
Typically, you can use this product in a range of outdoor activity, besides working at a construction site (like barbequing and camping, for instance). It also functions quite well as a bouldering light, thanks to its bright light and sturdy frame.
It’s not very different from the Eurus we’ve talked about above; this one also has a head that’s rotatable 360 degrees and held on a stand. It’s rechargeable, as well.
But the OTYTY work light has its unique advantages. You can switch between three degrees of brightness- 30 W, 60 W, and 100 W.
There are also four lighting modes: 8000lm, 5000lm, 2000lm, and the blue and red flashlight emergency mode. That last bit becomes vital when there’s a roadside emergency.
The package contents of this product also include one DC Plug Charger and six rechargeable batteries.
Best Cordless/Rechargeable Bouldering Light
Rechargeable lights are ideal for this sort of activity, as we’ve mentioned earlier. But the type of lights you should use will depend on the number of hours you will be in the hills.
Go for one with longer peak performance durations if you will be hanging around outdoors for a while.
Here’s our selection of rechargeable lights that may suit your purposes.
3. ThorFire LED Bouldering Lantern
- 💡 PORTABLE VERSATILE LIGHTS - These led lights can be used as flashlights or lanterns. Extended...
- 💡 HAND CRANK AND USB RECHARGEABLE LANTERN - ThorFire led lanterns have built in rechargeable...
- 💡 SMART PROTECTION CHIP - ThorFire lantern flashlight has fail-safes protects your lantern from...
- Features 💡 SMART PROTECTION CHIP - ThorFire lantern flashlight has fail-safes protects your...
If you’re looking for a lantern that’s collapsible into a mini-flashlight, this product should be high on your list of options.
It has a built-in solar-powered lithium battery that you can also recharge with your laptop via a USB.
The battery gives you eight hours when it’s powering a full blast brightness (‘high’ mode), and up to 24 hours if it’s set to lower degrees of luminosity (‘low’ mode).
Because it’s USB-compatible, you can make it your smartphone’s emergency charger. But it might only boost your phone’s power tank by a small margin; in the end, it’s still principally a lantern.
This Thorfire lantern has a high luminosity of 65lm and a low of 25lm; not the brightest you will ever get, but undoubtedly standard for foldable lights of its kind.
It doesn’t seem likely that it will get damaged if it’s left out in the sun for most of the day. But you still want to err on the side of caution; about six hours of indirect exposure to sunlight should do.
4. SUAOKI LED Bouldering Lantern
- Dual Recharging Methods: Re-charge via solar power or USB! The SUAOKI LED Lantern Lights offers dual...
- Transformer: portable, foldable and durable, this lantern can be adjusted to any particular space to...
- Three Lighting Modes: The SUAOKI LED Lantern light comes with 3 lighting modes; High mode, Low mode,...
- Dual Use: The SUAOKI LED Lantern Lights can be used as a regular Lantern flashlight, or as a power...
The Suaoki camping lantern matches the Thorfire in many respects- it’s solar-powered, foldable, can be used as a flashlight when collapsed, and doubles as a charger for your phone. It has two levels of brightness as well- 65lm when setting to ‘high’ and 25lm at ‘low.’ The former should guarantee you about 5 hours of functionality, and the latter, about 10 hours.
This one is easy to carry around too. It weighs about 5.6 oz and fits very easily into your backpack when folded.
Note that you may get more hours of light out of this lantern if it’s charged in sunlight than you would if it’s recharged by an external power source, like a laptop.
5. LE Rechargeable LED Rock Climbing Lantern
- 【Upgraded Super Bright】 This camping lantern equipped with CREE T6 LED Light, providing you with...
- 【Waterproof and Lightweight】 IP44 certification ensures the searchlight can prevent splashing...
- 【Rechargeable & 3600mAh Power Bank】 The camping light can also serve as a 3600mAh power bank for...
- 【5 Lighting Modes】 With front spotlight mode (400-1000lm), left side mode (70-130lm) and right...
A lantern that extends visibility by up to a thousand feet is certainly an asset for finding your way in hill country at night. That’s what this LE product gives you.
You can even select one of five lighting modes. The spotlight in front yields two modes, 1000lm and 400lm; You can adjust the left side between 70lm and130lm; and there’s the red flashlight mode, which you can turn on if there’s an emergency.
The hanging lace and its broad handle is designed for near-perfect grip and enhances this equipment’s value as a search tool.
When fully charged, the frontal light could serve you for up to five hours, and the side light may work for up to 12 hours. Just like the other two rechargeable lights reviewed, this one also works as a power bank for mobile devices.
6. Thorfire Solar Hand Crank Flashlight
- ▶ Solar & Hand crank powered flashlights no batteries needed. This no battery flashlight is...
- ▶ High Efficiency of Energy Conversion Cranking Flashlight: Just 1 minute cranking will generate...
- ▶ IPX6 Waterproof and Submersible up to 45 feet. Very durable and handy tool for home and outdoor...
- ▶ Bright Flashlight:This solar powered torch light is equipped with high quality LED bulb. Very...
This solar light works by being cranked with the hands at varying intervals.
You get an hour of light from a minute of cranking. Lighting your space shouldn’t be a hard task since it’s about the size of a regular smartphone. It can be tuned to ‘high’ or ‘low’ levels of brightness.
A third mode, which the manufacturers call an ‘SOS light,’ causes the light to blink.
It’s built to withstand harsh weather conditions (rain or snow). It should still function if it falls into water, as it’s designed to survive submersions of up to 45 feet.
The crank flashlight isn’t going to brighten the world around you during your expeditions, but it will give enough illumination to expose things in your path and make walking more straightforward.
Best Night Bouldering Headlamps
Headlamps are the most likely kind of light to follow you up the boulder. It’s for when you have to use both hands for scaling the height.
A good headlamp should fit around your head, and provide excellent lighting for what’s in front of you, without causing you much discomfort.
Here are four products that fit the description we’ve just given.
7. ELMCHEE Rechargeable Bouldering Headlamp
- 【Hands Free】With Elmchee rechargeable headlamp you can have a reliable, hands-free led headlight...
- 【8 WORKING MODES】 this movable brightest LED head light is prepared to adjust to a full range of...
- 【Rechargeable & Long Lasting 】--High Quality 1500mAh Li-polymer battery and 6 Super bright LEDs...
- 【IPX-4 WATER RESISTANT】It protects against splashing water from anywhere, no need to worry about...
With a maximum brightness of 12,000lm and eight working modes, it’s little wonder that the Elmchee headlamp is one of the most sought after products in its category.
The light pieces are manufactured with aluminum, which you can wear with an adjustable plastic headband.
You can change between high, low, red, and SOS light modes by pressing the power switch.
The light swivel can be adjusted up to 90 degrees so that it suits the conditions of your specific environment.
Scouring the area around you shouldn’t be a problem with this headlamp, thanks to its maximum irradiation distance of about 500 meters.
Powering it is a Lithium battery (the product package includes one of these). Charging is done by connecting a power source via a USB cord (also included in the box).
The LED lights have a lifespan of up to 100,000 hours, which means you probably won’t be replacing them in years.
8. Cobiz LED Mountain Climbing Headlamp
- ✔HANDS FREE ,HASSLE FREE---Why waste your time and money fiddling with flashlights and buying...
- ✔FOUR MODES FOR INFINITE USE---Whether you prefer to use the lowest, most focused setting,the...
- ✔WATERPROOF FOR OUTDOOR USE---Practical, Reliable, Durable. Head 90º swivel ability, rotate it to...
- ✔FIT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY ---With a little help from the adjustable headband, you should be able...
This headlamp won’t give you light as bright as the Elmchee; the maximum luminosity it’ll yield is 6000ml, although you might find that it functions below this capacity most of the time).
Also note that it’s the weightier of the two, at about 10 ounces. But what it doesn’t possess in brightness, it makes up for with its zoom function. You can focus the light on to get a more defined view of smaller aerial patches.
The headlamp power is supplied by rechargeable lithium-ion cells and typically holds at full brightness for about three hours. There’s an indicator light in the battery compartment which glows red when it’s undercharged and green when it’s fully charged.
The headband is adjustable for a range of head sizes, the light can be made to rotate up to 90 degrees, and the wiring is designed to keep your headlamp usable for longer. As for lifespans, it could carry on for 100,000 hours, if you’re as careful with it as its creators hope you will be.
9. CrazyFire LED Climbers Headlamp
- SUPER BRIGHT: Adopt cree XM-L T6 800lm led light,the beam distance is up to 20+ feet when it is on...
- 3 LIGHTING MODES: 3 levels of white light brightness,high/ low/ strobe,also include zoomable...
- LIGHTWEIGHT and WATERPROOF: Weighing only 7.3oz and with its easily adjustable, elastic headband,...
- ADJUSTABLE and STEADY: The head of the lamp is 90 degree adjustable for oriented lighting.powered by...
At 800lm, this LED light isn’t necessarily an alternative to the first two headlamps we’ve reviewed, but it does have its advantages. For example, it’s less weighty (only 7.3 ounces), has a zoom function for focusing light, and comes at a lower price than the others.
The headband has three adjustable buckles. It should cater to most head types and sizes.
At full brightness, it gives you a view of up to 20 meters from your standing point, and a good spread of visibility as well. You can always broaden or narrow the light’s focus by pulling the lens and shrink the visible area by lowering the brightness.
A potential downside to this headlamp is that you’ll need to power it with your batteries, as it doesn’t come with them. It needs three AA batteries to work. You’ll also have to replace these when they get drained.
10. LE LED Rechargeable Bouldering Headlamp
- Super Bright & 5 Light Modes - 3 Levels of white light brightness (High/Low/Strobe) and two modes of...
- USB Rechargeable - Fully charge from any USB port in only 4 hours and provide up to 30 hours’...
- Lightweight & Comfortable - Weighing only 2.86oz, with the elastic headband and 45° adjustable...
- IPX4 Waterproof - Prevents splashing water in all directions, applicable to outdoor scenarios such...
The Light Ever (LE) headlamp has a feature you won’t find in most products of its kind: it’s USB-rechargeable. It also comes at a much lower price than you’ll get for other USB rechargeable headlamps.
This lamp has a maximum brightness of about 150lm.
However, you can get similar products from the same brand that achieves up to 450lm intensity.
When fully charged, it could give off light for 30 hours. It also works in a range of weather conditions, including rain and snow.
Your head won’t be struggling under the weight of this one; it’s just 2.86 oz. Also, coupled with its elastic headband, it makes it a good fit for both adults and kids.
Why You Should Have a Bouldering Light
Here are a few reasons why you want to own a bouldering light.
- Easier Climbing at Night: Even if you have a full moon shining on you, you’re not going to see enough of your rock to make climbing it a safe exercise. A good light source like a headlamp or floodlight should illuminate whatever surfaces you have to negotiate.
- Early Morning Outdoor Adventures: You may want to race up and down the hills early in the morning before the sun rises. Morning outing like this is an activity that warrants a guiding light.
- Walking to and From Your Rock: Your outdoor bouldering business may happen somewhere without any immediate connections to the power grid. The deeper into such regions you travel, the more likely you are to need a torch.
Tips for Night Bouldering
- Use Only Smaller Lights Until You’re Ready to Climb: It’s wise not to disturb your environment with your lights. If you can manage without the brighter ones, turn them, or until you’ve reached your climbing location. Keeping your light off ensures your presence doesn’t wake up sleeping people and animals.
- Be Careful With Choosing a Location: Have a good look at your selected bouldering site before starting on it. See if it’s something you really can handle. If you’re relatively new to this, you should have more experienced climbers to help you. Also, make sure that you’re able to get there without causing suspicion among the locales. Find out more about the place before visiting at night, and think about avoiding scenarios that may bring you into conflict with people or nature.
- Be Vigilant: In an ideal world, nocturnal adventures shouldn’t come with many risks. But the darkness of earthly nights is a condition for accidents to happen, Guard against this by using your lights correctly in uncertain terrain.
- Don’t Talk Loudly: When you’re out with a group of friends, you may be tempted to raise your voices as you encourage each other’s attempts. But this may disturb the environment. Whispers could work better; they’re more audible in the quiet of the night, so you shouldn’t have to strain your ears to hear them.
That is folks, I hope this article has been helpful in helping you select the best light for night bouldering expedition.