If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
If you tend for succulent plants, then there will be a time that you will consider an alternative light succulents need.
This article is meant to be a guide to help you choose the best grow light for succulents.
Here, we review a list of 10 succulents grow lights that you can’t go wrong with selecting one of them for your succulents.
- Our Top Recommendation
- Best Grow Lights for Succulents Review
- 1. Ankace 40W Dual Head Timing Succulent Grow Lights
- 2. Roleadro Grow Lights
- 3. Yoyomax Indoor Grow Lights
- 4. Shengsite 50W Hanging Grow Lights
- 5. Relassy 15000Lux Gooseneck Grow Lamp
- 6. Duomishu Glow Light
- 7. Elaine Grow Light (Upgraded Version)
- 8. Juhefa Grow Lights
- 9. Brite Labs 20 W LED Light
- 10. SANSI 15W Grow Light Bulb
- How to Choose the Best Grow Lights For Succulents
- Pro-tips From Indoor Plants Growing Expert-Ben Thorton
- How High from the Succulent Should I Hang my Grow Light
- Can Succulent Grow in Fluorescent Light?
- Can Succulents Live Without Sunshine?
Our Top Recommendation
As you proceed, you may want to see No products found. with a thousand plus of customer reviews on Amazon.
No products found.
Best Grow Lights for Succulents Review
Here are our picks for best grow lights for your succulents.
1. Ankace 40W Dual Head Timing Succulent Grow Lights
No products found.
Ankace 40W is one of the best-known succulents grow-lights on the market. It’s not hard to see why so many people love it.
First, it’s got two heads (literally), each with color lights, as you’ll find with most succulents grow lights. It’s light with these hues that succulents use in photosynthesis (they ‘reflect off’ green color lights, which explains the green color most of them take on).
The flexible gooseneck also means you’ll need to turn the necks to redirect the lights to succulents (or parts of the succulents) that require more illumination.
You can switch between this product’s five lighting modes, and change the brightness or dimness as you see fit so your succulents are getting enough light.
There’s a timing mode as well, that lets you set it to stay on for three, six, or twelve hours, as you choose.
Finally, this lamp has a USB connector with which you can plug it into a power source.
You can deploy it within a greenhouse or in a transparent enclosure containing your succulents, whether they are in your home or office.
2. Roleadro Grow Lights
- 【Exclusive Spectrum】Roleadro grow lights Adopted Most Useful Grow Light Spectrum. The exclusive...
- 【Excellent heat dissipation design】No longer worry about heat dissipation even with high power....
- 【Easy Set Up】This led grow lights are lightweight and very easy to use with the upgraded hanging...
- 【Widely Used】This Seedling Light can be used for both hydroponics and indoor plants in soil,...
The Roleadro grow lights take a very different form from the desk lamp-like build of the Ankace dual light.
This model does have red and blue lights that are energy efficient, and the lights are placed on an aluminum cooling plate.
You can hang the plate above your succulents with a hanging bracket.
The color chips are fixed in small ‘heat sinks’ in the plate; the manufactures say this set up lets the heat from them dissipate more efficiently.
Each chip emits light in the 380nm-800nm, which closely matches what you’d get from sunlight.
Experts recommended that you hang this light between 12”-48” from the succulents to achieve the best possible results.
This product could last you 50,000 hours, according to its parent company. That claim means you’ll be using it for many, many years if you handle it with care.
A package of one of these also contains a power cord, power adapter, hanging kit, and an instruction manual.
3. Yoyomax Indoor Grow Lights
- 🌱【Best Red & Blue Light Combination | 60 Full Spectrum LEDs】39 red LEDs combined with 21 blue...
- 🌱【3 Switch Modes | 6 Dimmable Options】yoyomax 3-head plant light, with 3 switch modes and 6...
- 🌱【Auto On/Off | Circular-Memory Timer】3 time settings enables you to keep the light on for 3,...
- 🌱【Flexible Goose-Neck | Sturdy Clamp】The 360-degree rotatable necks allow you to perfectly...
This one has three light heads carried by individual goosenecks.
You can hold the Goosenecks on a clamp- base. It has 39 LED light chips of one color, and 21 chips of another or a total of 60 light-emitting chips.
You can choose any of the six dimmable options to adjust the brightness or dimness of the lighting.
An auto on-off feature lets you set it to turn off after three, six, or twelve hours of functioning. If you don’t reset it to come on at a different time or duration, it will merely carry on switching on and off at the exact time and interval you’ve initially set.
The recommended between the light and succulent is 11”-20”. It becomes functional when it’s connected to a power source through its adapter.
4. Shengsite 50W Hanging Grow Lights
- 🌱【IMPROVE GROWING EFFECTIVELY】186 red LEDs + 64 blue LEDs = 250 high quality LED Beads. The...
- 🌱【SAFER TO USE & SAVE YOUR MONEY】Shengsite led growing lamp adopts 250pcs Gree LED beads,...
- 🌱【PLANTS’ LUCKY STAR】Our LED grow lamps widely apply to succulents, bonsai, various flowers...
- 🌱【EASY TO USE】This LED grow light is lightweight and very easy to use with the upgraded...
It’s hard to bet against 250 beads getting the lighting job done. That’s the sort of light power the Shengsite glow light boasts. This number, made up of 186 and 64 color beads, is implanted in a circular aluminum disc. When it’s hung up above your succulents, it should give them a spread of brightness that’s fair and reinvigorates.
If you’re using this, you should hang it at a distance of 8”-20”, depending on the maturity of your succulent. You can hold the succulent closer to a younger succulent.
This lamp has a lifespan of about 50,000 hours, so it won’t die for a long while after you’ve purchased it (if all goes well).
5. Relassy 15000Lux Gooseneck Grow Lamp
- ►【Original Product, Relassy Brand】Best Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Light - With 88 high...
- ►【Faster Plant Growth】 Can promote the growth of the leaves and rhizome, protein synthesis,...
- ►【Larger Illumination Area】 With 120° beam angle and 18 inch gooseneck, which enlarge the...
- ►【High-Efficiency & Scientific Heat Dissipation Design】 The shell of bulbs was made of...
The Relassy grow lamp yields illumination to succulents with similar properties to sunlight.
The distribution of its chips is somewhat different from the previous lamps for succulents and plants we’ve reviewed thus far; with it, the emphasis seems to be on delivering uniform light as opposed to just simple combinations of color lights.
It’s a dual headlamp with 18inch goosenecks, so coverage and precision shouldn’t be problems you have when using it.
Plus, there’s a clamp base that makes it easy to maintain the lamp in a fixed position.
The clamp can adjust between 0.3 to 3.0 thickness, good enough for a more significant percentage of desks.
For a product powered by 20 watts of electricity, this lamp delivers a good deal of light (as you can expect from most bulbs).
6. Duomishu Glow Light
- ★High Power Grow Light💡 Brighter and wider shining area for your plants! Our plant light adopts...
- ★Upgraded Auto On/Off Timer💡 Our latest LED grow light has 4/8/12 hours circular memory timing...
- ★Intelligent Modes💡 8 adjustable brightness and 3 separately controllable light heads allow you...
- ★Professionally Help Plants Growth💡 All plants, All stages! Full spectrum LED grow light is...
The Duomishu light has an auto on-off functionality with durations slightly different from the ones we’ve discussed thus far.
They can be set to turn off after 4 hours, 8 hours, or 12 hours.
The lamp will continue to run with the settings you choose until you change them.
The base is a clamp, a popular design for a lot of these products. It allows you to attach it to surfaces of various ranges of thickness.
You can also select one or two bulbs to work if you don’t want all three to function at once.
The glow comes from red and blue circles in three transparent light bars. Brightness can be adjusted to eight different degrees, to suit the needs of your succulent.
As with other lamps of its kind, this comes with goosenecks that lend the heads and the light they emit to easy and quick adjustment.
7. Elaine Grow Light (Upgraded Version)
- Sunlight Full Spectrum: 3 Heads indoor plant light brighter than other plant grow light and lower...
- Upgraded Timing & Auto Turn On/off Function: Look no further,this is the best plant growing lamp!...
- 5 level dimming & 3 switch modes: You can adjust brightness to suit varied stages of plant...
- Three Flexible LED Goosenecks: 360-degree flexible gooseneck with clip that can easily adjust the...
The necks for this one are bendable up to 360 degrees. The light bars which they hold are rotatable. They contain a total of 60 chips placed in a manner that allows for quick heat dissipation.
If you want, you could increase or reduce the brightness of these grow lights you’re using. It could be anywhere between 20% or 100% bright; there’s room for changing to 40%, 60%, or 80% brightness as well. The clips can open wide enough to attach to 3-inch thick surfaces.
The timer function is also available, so you can set the lights to come on and off at designated times and to last for a specific number of hours. You’ll appreciate this best when you have to go on a vacation but need your succulents well lit in your absence.
You can power the lamp via a USB cord, so it’s okay for an office environment, just as it is for a home setting.
8. Juhefa Grow Lights
- 🌻 Full Spectrum Plant Light - equipped with 75 High-power LED chips:47 Red 19Blue 3UV 3IR...
- 🌻 Wide Uses - this plant grow light can be used for both hydroponics and indoor plants in...
- 🌻 Easy Set-up - updated hanging kits make this fluorescent lights much more easy to assemble....
- 🌻 Highly Efficient - as for LED power draw this seedling light is highly efficient.Estimately...
The Juhefa grow light is a panel implanted with 75 chips. That number includes white, ultraviolet, and infrared rays. While the red and blue grow lights help with the usual photosynthetic needs of the succulent, the ultraviolet helps to sterilize them. The white grow lights also aid photosynthesis and increase the temperatures when things get a bit cold.
You might get the impressions that some of the growing lights- particularly those around the middle –aren’t functioning correctly. But they’re fine.
The infrared and ultraviolet grow lights are usually dim because gardeners will only need little amounts of them while growing a succulent. The recommended distance between this growing lamp and your succulent is 8”-30”.
Gardeners who want to use less energy may want to have a look at these grow lights too. It doesn’t take a lot of power to run, so it doesn’t demand much from your batteries.
The grow lights given by a single unit of this lamp should be enough for a small group of young plants or growing succulents.
9. Brite Labs 20 W LED Light
- 💗 GIVE YOUR PLANTS THE BEST - The next best thing to sunlight, our indoor plant mini grow lights...
- ⏱️ UPGRADED AUTOMATIC TIMER - The improved two-way memory system now allows the LED grow lamp to...
- 🌈 FULL SPECTRUM BULBS - 26 Red and 14 Blue LED chips emitting across two lighting strips with...
- 🌿 GROW ANYTHING - Grow kitchen herb, fruits and vegetables like tomato, english cucumber, leek,...
This growing lamp has two bars that contain a total of 40 chips.
It has most functions you can expect from many grow lights, It has automatic timers that let you dictate how long the grow lights stay on for (3,9 or 12 hours). The flexible gooseneck arms is meant to help you change the reach of the growing illumination. Also, there is a clip base that makes the lamp attachable to many surfaces. You’re almost spoilt for choice with this light’s dimming options- there are nine of them.
You can adjust the settings on its remote control system to have only red light on or other options on at once. You can even have the growing lights on or off on only one of two heads.
Plug the lamp to a power source with its USB cable and adapter, and it’ll be ready to go.
10. SANSI 15W Grow Light Bulb
- [FULL SPECTRUM] SANSI grow bulbs come with an optical lens, so the light is evenly distributed....
- [FULL CYCLE] Every wavelength is meaningful for plants’ growth (see more wavelength knowledge in...
- [GIFT FOR INDOOR PLANTS] A21 bulb, E26 base fit in lamp sockets easily. SANSI plant led bulbs are...
- [CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY] Unlike other brand’s plant lights which rely on plastic or aluminum heat...
Not all grow lights give you that slightly disorienting purplish hue. This one doesn’t. It provides a white light akin to daylight, and it achieves excellent growing results when used as a growing supplement to what the sub provides on less bright days.
The structure of this growing bulb is quite different too. It’s made partly of ceramic and is hollowed out to allow heat dissipate efficiently.
The chips are placed at the right end of the beam. They emit wavelengths that include green, red, and ultraviolet growing lights as well. The bulb fits into a lamp socket, so you won’t have to bother with setting it up.
For satisfactory performance, consider setting the light about 12”-39” above the plant; its manufacturers suggest that a 3.6 feet coverage area is ideal.
Don’t touch the ceramic body immediately after you’ve used it. You don’t have to do this because it’ll remain heated for a while after the electricity is turned off.
How to Choose the Best Grow Lights For Succulents
If you know anything about tending sun loving succulents, then you’re likely aware that succulents don’t fare well outdoors when winter and low light comes around.
As temperatures drop and the freezing condition encroaches, succulents get far less sunlight than they need to stay healthy and may suffer from frost.
If you exposed the succulents for too long without much light or sunlight, they could die.
That’s why people who grow succulents need to keep their succulents indoors during the cold months. And if they believe that the succulents won’t be getting enough light there, they can use the best grow lights for succulents as a substitute.
Pro-tips From Indoor Plants Growing Expert-Ben Thorton
Ben Thorton who is an expert on plants indoors shared some tips needlesandleaves.net that will be helpful to succulents lovers.
According to Thorton, it is important you consider how bright a grow light emits. this is because succulents need the best grow lights that emit at least 2000 lumens for each square foot of light.
If you provide your succulents enough light for at least 14 hours per day, that will almost equate the same amount of light exposure that the succulent will receive during the summer.
On the best light color temperature for a succulent plant, experts observed that succulents tend to thrive in color temperature that is not below 5000K. This is because grow lights for succulents that are above 5000K gives out cool light that is close to what is gotten from natural sunlight.
How High from the Succulent Should I Hang my Grow Light
One important aspect of the best grow lights for succulents is being knowledgable on the perfect height to place your artificial grow lights.
When using the best grow lights, you need to place them where the grow lights can provide enough light for the succulent without having the succulent being burnt from the excess heat that the grow lights might be emitting.
Thorton recommends that you put the best grow lights at least 6 to 8 inches above the succulent. Because it will drastically reduce the chances of your grow light damaging your plant.
Can Succulent Grow in Fluorescent Light?
The simple answer to this is yes. But there’s a lot more you might need to know besides this.
Fluorescent grow lights for succulents have been around much longer than other alternatives. Closer to recent times, there’s been an improvement in their quality, and many succulent growers are comfortable with sticking with them.
One reason for this is that a fluorescent bulb tend to closely match the color of sunlight, which suits succulents and other plants well.
Another is that fluorescent bulbs are easier on the eyes than LED lights. But as we’ve seen with the SANSI product we reviewed, there are LED white grow lights for succulents and plants that are as energy efficient as fluorescent bulbs too.
But you have to ensure that you do not place the fluorescent bulbs too close to your succulents. Fluorescent bulbs are known to be great heat producers and may burn your succulents if you keep the light too close to the plant.
Burning your lovely succulent is something that will not happen is you choose the best grow lights for succulents and other plants available on the market. That is why LED lights for succulents are energy efficient and perform better than fluorescent bulbs at this because they emit less heat.
Still, you could fancy a fluorescent bulb if you’re leaving your succulents on a counter or some other open place in your home or office.
If you’re using a greenhouse or some other kind of enclosed box, you can fix LED lights.
Can Succulents Live Without Sunshine?
Succulents and other plants can, at least for a while. But there will be consequences.
A few plants can get by with little light. But for the majority of plants, a shortage of light causes them to etiolate. In other words, succulents get stretched and become elongated.
If you placed the succulent close to a light source, succulents would grow in their direction. For example, if you keep the succulent close to a window that lets sunlight in, they will also grow towards it.
In the end, even the most resilient succulents and plants will die if they go long enough without any light. When the dark conditions are accompanied by freezing, succulents will fail even faster. You can keep your succulents and other plants alive with the right kind of artificial light and a reasonable degree of warmth.
Succulents are resilient and do surprisingly well in unfriendly environments. But if you’re growing succulents yourself, you may have to help them out with the best grow light around, especially when things get dim and frosty.
The options we’ve provided here should help you keep your succulents healthy and glowing for as long as they are needed.