As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Maybe you are experiencing the peak of the winter season, and you are in search for a replacement light bulb for your yard, outdoor parking space, or maybe to replace your street lighting. You’ll want to use the best outdoor light bulbs for cold weather.
- Our Best Outdoor Light Bulbs for Cold Weather Reviews
- Best Outdoor Light Bulbs for Cold Weather Review
- 1. Govee 9W Smart Sensor Light Bulb
- 2. Vgogfly 7W LED Bulb Light
- 3. Great Eagle A19 LED Light Bulb
- 4. TORCHSTAR LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Light Bulb
- 5. Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Frosted Light Bulb
- 6. Bioluz LED BR40 LED Light Bulbs
- 7. LOHAS 6W Sensor Light
- 8. Aukora 12W Motion Sensor Light Bulbs
- 9. Banord Dimmable 2W S14 Bulbs
- 10. TCP 6W LED Light Bulbs
- Things to Consider Before Choosing an Outdoor Bulb
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Best Outdoor Light Bulbs for Cold Weather Reviews
There’s potentially a lot at stake with replacing your light source during extreme cold weather conditions. This is because not everyone will want to go about in the cold to replace burnt-out light bulbs.
Finding the ‘right’ bulbs that are best fit for frigid conditions can be a challenge. There are no lighting types that are manufactured exclusively for specific chilly temperature conditions. However, some types still work well in any weather. Let’s take a look.
Best Outdoor Light Bulbs for Cold Weather Review
1. Govee 9W Smart Sensor Light Bulb
- Auto On/Off LED Bulb: Built-in smart photocell, light sensor control, automatically turn on at night...
- Energy Saving: 9W equivalent to 70W traditional light bulb, providing 800lm saving 90% energy, same...
- Longer Lifetime: Govee light bulb provides 30,000 hours lifetime, made of PC material , meet the LED...
The Govee Light Bulb, 9W (70 Watt consumes 9W of energy. However, it’ll give you a brightness similar to halogen’s light output at 70W. That’s 800 lumens of warm white illumination, which keeps your outdoors visible through the night.
This makes it the reason why it’s among the best outdoor light bulbs for cold weather.
There’s no glare or flicker either compared to your average light bulb; it’s steady, as you’d want for something serving your bulb for cold weather.
A built-in automatic sensor ensures that the best outdoor light bulbs come on when the darkness comes, and turns off at dawn, all by itself.
It’s easy to install too. Just screw it into your socket or fixture, and you’re good to go.
Finally, you could get 30,000 hours of life out of this product if you handle it with care.
Overall, this is one of the best outdoor light bulbs you can have thanks to its long lifespan and automatic sensors.
2. Vgogfly 7W LED Bulb Light
- DUSK TO DAWN FEATURE: Built-in sensors that turn on the dusk to dawn light bulb automatically at...
- ENERGY SAVING: Vgogfly dusk to dawn Light bulb uses less power compared to traditional bulbs and,...
- LONG LIFE: Vgogfly outdoor smart light bulb is made of plastic mask according to the LED chip unique...
The Vgogfly LED Bulb Light has a sensor that makes it switch on at night and go off when the day arrives similar to the Govee 9W Smart Sensor Light Bulb.
The warm white light helps maintain the homely feel on the outside of your apartment, but it’s bright enough to keep the porches fully visible at night, even in the hazy cold weather.
The 7W of energy it takes in will churn light that’s 600 lm bright incomparable to what halogens produce.
This bulb can be made use of any E 26/27 socket or fixture. Its plastic mask lets it cool quickly, and primes it for long life.
Overall, a great choice with easy installation and bright lighting. It’s a great bulb for cold weather.
3. Great Eagle A19 LED Light Bulb
- Save up to 85% on your energy bill – Energy efficient 9 watt LED bulbs to replace your 60 watt...
- Direct Replacement LED bulbs to replace incandescent, halogen, and CFL lamps. 9W LED bulb replaces...
- Instant On - No waiting to warm up like CFL bulbs and High CRI of 83+ means brilliant realistic...
If you’d prefer a cooler hue that’s closer to daylight, the Great Eagle A19 LED Light Bulb, 9W (60W may be what you should be considering.
The Great Eagle LED bulb works as a suitable replacement for old halogen lamps and consumes far less energy (up to 85 percent) for better quality lighting.
You should be getting about 1600 lm of brightness from them if they’re working as the manufacturer intended them to.
The automatic on-off function should work fine- if you’re using a compatible switch. An electrician could sort out any issues with motion detectors that arise from incompatibility.
This bulb’s manufacturer say that it could last you up to 22 years if you use it well. We can’t be confident that you’ll have it for this long. However, it seems to be working great and your average lighting can’t compare. It’s a great bulb for cold weather.
4. TORCHSTAR LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Light Bulb
- Sensitive Detection: This A19 LED bulb works properly even in lighting fixtures or close to other...
- Conserve Energy: This bulb automatically turns on at night and turns off at daytime, saving you the...
- Light up Every Corner: This A19 bulb can light up every dark corner thanks to its incredible 800lm...
The TORCHSTAR LED Light Bulbs Outdoor, doesn’t get tricked by the light from other bulbs. The sensors work well enough to get them switched on at the right time, a great feature to have for an outdoor light bulb.
When it’s properly positioned, it should take the darkness out of the most obscure corners. It yields about 800 lumens from its 9W energy consumption and produces a 5000K, cool white light. This is why some people often consider it the best outdoor light.
If you do decide to turn the bulb off manually, it may take three minutes to comply with the switch. But that’s a tiny fraction of the many years for which you could enjoy its light.
The Torchstar A19 bulb is arguably one of the best light bulbs for cold weather in terms of lighting output.
5. Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Frosted Light Bulb
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Light Bulbs use roughly 75 percent less energy than...
- LONG LASTING: These Philips LED bulbs last 10x longer than incandescent and 4x longer than halogen...
- EYE COMFORT TECHNOLOGY: Our LEDs conform to our EyeComfort standard, which measures our products...
The soft white light from the Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Frosted Bulb should suit you if you’re not comfortable with the more relaxed, daylight-like hues similar to the Great Eagle A19.
It has a lot of the things you’d want in an outdoor bulb: an automatic on-off enabled by an in-built sensor; steady, no-flicker light; and a brightness (about 800 lumens) that reveals more. It also saves up to 75 percent of energy compared to halogen.
One pack of this product contains six bulbs. They could last you 22,000 hours if you’re using them for three hours per day.
Avoid using them alongside Phillips HUE bulbs, as those may affect its sensor’s function.
Overall. The best LED outdoor led bulb in terms of longevity.
6. Bioluz LED BR40 LED Light Bulbs
The BR40 LED Light Bulbs by Bioluz LED differs from the others we’ve reviewed in at least two ways: it’s shaped like a funnel with a sealed top, and it’s dimmable. The second is more important: you can switch between 10 percent and 100 percent brightness to suit different conditions.
Bioluz’s 13W bulb delivers 1050 lm of brightness; the light matches similarly to what you’ll get from halogen bulbs. However, it delivers less than 20 percent of the energy you’d require to power the latter. Tests indicate that it reaches a wider area than many similar products.
An aluminum heat sink at the base allows for easy heat dissipation and helps extend your bulb’s lifespan. It could last a cumulative 22,000 hours if it’s used on a nightly basis. It’s shatterproof too, so there’s a chance it could stay alive that long.
Similar to the others on this list, you can install this bulb by screwing it into a regular socket or fixture.
7. LOHAS 6W Sensor Light
- Auto on/off
--With built-in light sensor, which will detect the light intensity, light...
- Energy Saving
--6W A19 dusk to dawn LED bulb can replace a 40 watt incandescent light...
- Good Performance
--Daylight(Crystal) white 5000k, 500 lumens, give off a cozy and fresh...
The LOHAS Sensor Light Bulb, 40W lights up spaces with its 5000K daylight hue. Its sensor technology makes it sensitive to changes in natural lighting conditions so that it automatically comes on at nightfall and turns off at dawn.
It’s not the brightest bulb on this list. Some of our other picks best the 500 lm it manages. But it does pass the critical tests pretty well: energy savings that shave 85 percent of your electricity bill for bulbs, and it’ll likely give you 30,000 hours of active service.
There are about four of these bulbs in one pack. You’ll probably be fixing them close to each other. We recommend that they aren’t positioned more than 3 feet apart if they’re going to achieve ideal coverage.
8. Aukora 12W Motion Sensor Light Bulbs
- ➤Specs: Input Voltage: AC100-240V; Output Power: 12W(100-Watt Equivalent); Cold White (Color...
- ➤PIR Motion Sensor Included: High quality PIR infrared sensor is installed at the tip of bulb, so...
- ➤Built-in Dusk to Dawn Sensor: This motion sensing light bulb will automatically switches ON at...
The Motion Sensor Light Bulbs, Aukora 12W bestows you with the benefits of a 100 W halogen lamp (without the heat) which is pretty energy efficient. Its 6000K soft white light is suitable for anyone who wants light in a cold and dark environment.
The sensor, located at the tip of the bulb, does more than detecting daylight and nighttime. It reacts to motion within 8-10 feet of it by automatically switching on and off.
This capability works at night, so you’ll know when someone comes around your house at odd hours. The motion sensor of this bulb for cold weather is unlike any of the products on this list.
Overall, it’s considered to be one of the best outdoor light options because of its 6000K soft white light along with its motion sensor switch.
9. Banord Dimmable 2W S14 Bulbs
- | ENERGY SAVING | 20W Incandescent bulbs equivalent,Banord S14 led light bulbs are made of clear...
- | AMBIENT FILAMENT LIGHTING | 2700K LED Filament Bulbs create Soft Warm White ambience, Perfect for...
- | MULTI APPLICATION | Fit in any E26 base,Waterproof design for indoor and outdoor use.The S14...
The Banord 15 Pack Dimmable 2W S14 Replacement LED has about 15 small bulbs in one pack. Each LED bulb gives you 200 lm of brightness, which they emit from LED filaments. They’ll give you soft white, 2700K lighting, which means they’re a good replacement for your old halogen bulbs.
These lights can give your space a festive feel so that they could work for decorative purposes. You may use them as outdoor string lights to illuminate your patios or fix them along the outer walls of your building.
They also work flawlessly in cold weather as they do not flicker nor have extended warm-up time that CFLs may require in chilly conditions.
Also, these LED lights are shatterproof, and won’t swamp your environment with heat.
Banord promises that they’ll remain active for a cumulative 30,000 hours if they’re used on a nightly basis.
10. TCP 6W LED Light Bulbs
- SAVE UP TO 85% ON YOUR ENERGY BILL – Buy TCP energy efficient 9 watt LED bulbs to replace your 60...
- LONG LASTING 18 YEAR LIFESPAN – Rated at 20, 000 hours based on 3 hours per day. High quality TCP...
- PERFECT BULB VERSATILITY – These Soft White (2700K) LED provide warm and ambient lighting. Ideal...
The TCP LA927KND6 LED Light Bulbs 60 Watt Equivalent is another option to consider if you have concerns about frequently replacing your lighting. It is graded 2700K.
It also shines with a brightness of 800 lumens, an excellent energy-efficient output for 6W of energy. With it, you’ll keep up to 85 percent of the bill that a halogen bulb with the same brightness would have incurred.
One pack contains six bulbs. You can easily fix them into any E26 socket.
A possible weak point for this bulb is that it doesn’t have any real extras to it; it’s not dimmable, and there aren’t any sensors.
The manufacturer reckons that it’ll function for over 18 years if you’re using it for three hours every day. Overall, a solid choice if you’re looking for the best outdoor light LEDs out there.
Overall, a solid choice if you’re looking for the best outdoor light LEDs out there.
Things to Consider Before Choosing an Outdoor Bulb
When you’re choosing the best outdoor light bulbs for cold weather, you should consider their durability, and long life span, You will see that they make total sense as a choice for the best outdoor light bulbs for cold weather. You’ll want to have these in mind when you’re shopping for outdoor bulbs in general.
Quality of the Light
You want steady lighting that doesn’t flicker and has good aerial reach. Thankfully, a lot of the better LED products meet these criteria.
Also, find out whether the color temperature is right for your space.
The color temperature is measured in Kelvin (K) and refers to the closeness of the light to either the blue or red send of the light color spectrum. There are three types of light temperature that are measured in Kelvin.
- Soft White (2700-3000K): This light produces a yellowish or warm white light. This is more catered towards indoor lighting because of its temperature
- Cool White (4000-45000K): Produces a subtle blue light similar to moonlight. It is considered the best light bulb for cold outdoors.
- Daylight (5000-6500K): This color temperature is great for security purposes. It’s even a great light bulb for cold and snowy climates where visibility is poor.
LED light could save you more than 85 percent on energy consumption. But efficiency levels cold vary with different products.
Look at the manufacturer’s description and read reviews on the energy savings of each option you’re considering before deciding to buy.
The lifespan of LED lights is measured in hours. The very good ones could last for between 20,000 and 30,000 hours if you’re using them for a few hours each day. The longer they stay lit, the more money they’ll save for you.
The brightness of a bulb is determined by the amount of light it emits. We measure this in lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the bulb will shine. For outdoor and cold environments, you should aim for 700 – 1300 lumens so sensors can pick up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need the Best Outdoor Light Bulbs for Cold Weather?
Some bulbs don’t start unless they have a certain amount of heat to start. A light bulb usually warms itself first before they emit a glow. In cold weather, they take longer to warm up.
Therefore, you need the best outdoor light bulbs for cold weather. The best ones don’t need heat to start like LED lights and CFLs.
Are LED Bulbs Good for Outdoor Lighting?
LED bulbs are versatile in that they can almost work in any weather condition. Hence, regardless of what weather it is outdoors, LEDs will always work no matter what which makes them good for outdoor lighting.
We have reviewed the best outdoor light bulbs for cold weather. Ten products we’ve discussed here are some of the most well-known bulbs in the lighting market.
But it’s always possible that there are hidden gems out there, which could serve you just as well as these will.
Our selection criteria may help you discover those, and add to the array of options we have presented you.