If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
LED lights are great lighting for your kitchen ceiling. They provide a high level of brightness yet consume the least power among all lightings. That’s why most people recommend them. Here are some of the best LED lights for kitchen ceiling you can get.
- Our Top LED Kitchen Ceiling Lights Reviews
- Best Overall LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: Lithonia Lighting LED Vanderlyn Linear Flush Mount
- Best LED Kitchen Ceiling Lights for the Money: Hykolity LED Flat Panel Selectable CCT Flush Mount Light
- Best Cheap LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: Taloya LED Ceiling Light Flush Mount Lighting Fixture
- Best High Lumen LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: TychoLite LED Light Fixtures Linear Flush Mount Lights
- Best Energy Saving LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: AntLux LED Flush Mount Puff Lights
- Type of LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling
- Features to Consider for Kitchen Ceiling LED Lights
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top LED Kitchen Ceiling Lights Reviews
Choosing the best LED lights for your kitchen ceiling depends on a lot of things. First, you have to identify the fixture type. Then, decide how much brightness is better suited for your kitchen.
That’s why we’ve narrowed down your choices to the ones that are a great fit for most kitchen ceilings. Each has its own pros and cons, so you can balance them and choose one that’s right for your kitchen
Best Overall LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: Lithonia Lighting LED Vanderlyn Linear Flush Mount
- Provides general illumination to bring bright and evenly distributed light into any room or...
- Long lasting LEDs designed to last 50000 hours or 23 years with 6 hours/day. Utilizes only 32 watts...
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS: LED fixtures can be used almost anywhere from kitchens, offices and corridors...
The Lithonia Lighting LED Vanderlyn Linear Flush Mount is one of the best you can have on the market. It’s coming from the LED Linear Series that provides an LED lighting platform that produces ambient lighting for your kitchen.
These lights deliver the best features on this list in terms of long usage life and color quality that are helpful for kitchen ceiling lighting. It’s a low-maintenance lighting installation that will be good for you for a long time.
In fact, it’s rated to last for 50,000 hours of use. It translates to around 23 years lifespan with 6 hours of use a day. That’s quite a lot of usage time for quality lighting even on this list of kitchen ceiling LED lights.
The kitchen is among the area of your house that uses lighting the most. Therefore, having energy-efficient lighting is mostly preferred. The Lithonia Lighting LED only uses 32 watts while also providing 96 lumens per watt.
If you’re still unsure, this LED light has met the highest standards for LED lightings. It is ENERGY STAR certified and CSA certified in the USA and Canada. This means the quality of this product has been tested and passed USA and Canada standards
However, the frame of this lighting isn’t durable as we hoped it to be. Therefore, you should handle it with care when opening and installing.
- 50,000 hours is among the longest lifespan on this list
- 96 lumens per watt is an energy-saving lighting
- Meets a lot of certifications in the USA ensuring quality products
- Frame and cover aren’t durable so you need to be careful when installing
- The frame and cover are made out of plastic
Best LED Kitchen Ceiling Lights for the Money: Hykolity LED Flat Panel Selectable CCT Flush Mount Light
- ✔ HIGH PERFORMANCE - The skylight flat LED panel light with edge-lit LEDs are integrated so there...
- ✔ SELECTABLE CCT - LED flat panel Ceiling light emits selectable, you can preset your preferred...
- ✔ EASY INSTALLATION - This 1x4 flat panel light with sleek low profile design (less than 1 in.) is...
For the best value you can get out from your money, the Hykolity LED Flat Panel Selectable CCT Flush Mount Light is an excellent choice. The LED panel lights are integrated with edge-lit LEDs which means you won’t have to replace any bulbs.
Unlike the Lithonia Lighting LED, this Hykolity Flush Mount Light operates at 48W. However, it also has a higher lumen count compared to the Lithonia Lighting LED with 4800 lumens. It all depends on what you prioritize, saving on the electricity bill or having brighter kitchen lighting.
Unlike the Lithonia Lighting LED, the Hykolity Flush Mount Light has selectable CCT meaning you can choose the light it emits. You can choose from the following color temperatures; soft white, bright white, or daylight (3000 / 4000 / 5000K).
Having control over the amount of light is a great feature to add to your kitchen ceiling. It allows you to use your kitchen on other occasions aside from cooking.
You can even dim the light to match the house decor. Its dimming range is from 5% to 100%. It’s compatible with most household Triac LED dimmers giving you a smooth and flicker-free operation.
However, its design is sleek and ultra-slim which might make it less durable. The installation although advertised easy might be hard for some people.
Overall, a solid buy for the value of your money. It has great customizable lighting that will make your kitchen versatile for use.
- Selectable CCT allows you to choose the light output
- 50,000 hours of usage time just like the best overall
- Dimmable with a dimming range from 5% to 100%
- Hard to install for some people
- Light isn’t as bright even though it has more lumens than the best overall
Best Cheap LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: Taloya LED Ceiling Light Flush Mount Lighting Fixture
- 【Safety First】: Absolute Electric Insulation, 2mm thickness plastic shell prevent the potential...
- 【Outstanding Fire-resistance performance】： Plastic ultra-thin body made from High quality of...
- 【Convenient Installation】: Higher labor cost？？TALOYA Special design of Mounting Ring provide...
If you want a cheap option for giving light to your kitchen, the Taloya LED Ceiling Light Flush Mount Lighting Fixture might do the job for you. This kitchen ceiling light only uses 20 Watt with 2400 lumen output. It’s not the brightest on this list. However, its low wattage means you’re saving money from electric bills.
You generally want to use these LED lights for small kitchens. If you have a big kitchen, it may not output enough light for efficient lighting. However, 2 or more of these might provide enough light output.
It has an ultra-slim body just like the Hykolity LED Flush Mount Light. It’s more about design standpoint and making it low-profile in the kitchen. However, the slim build might compromise its durability so you better be careful when installing or assembling, and disassembling.
However, thanks to the slim and narrow edge design, it allows this lighting to have a wider area of illumination so you can increase the brightness output.
Although there are plastic materials, the plastic has the highest level of fire resistance so there’s less risk of it getting fire. It also has a great design not allowing the dust to permeate inside. Therefore, it’s easier to clean and maintain with just a simple dusting off the outside.
You also get to change the color temperature to daylight white, warm white, neutral white depending on the occasion. Overall, solid cheap kitchen ceiling LED lights.
- Easiest to install on this list
- Cheapest one on this list
- Has the best energy-saving power output
- Too small light output for large kitchens
- Doesn’t work with dimmer switches
Best High Lumen LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: TychoLite LED Light Fixtures Linear Flush Mount Lights
- COST-EFFECTIVE CHOICE- TychoLite 4ft LED kitchen light fixture 80W outputs 8800 lumens making it the...
- UNIQUE ELEGANT DESIGN- Has decorative end caps to match other decorations in your room. Featured...
- DIMMABLE- 3 levels of brightness you can choose by wall switch: 100%, 50% and 25%. No need an extra...
If you want the brightest light output, the Tycholite LED Light Fixtures Linear Flush Mount Lights with its 8800 lumens will be an excellent choice.
They come with 4 high-quality LED strips for a wider illumination area. Just like the Lithonia Lighting LED, these flush mount lights can last for up to 50,000 hours or 23 years with 6 hours of use a day. It’s less hassle for you to replace them in the kitchen.
These flush mount lights run under 80W. It’s the highest power output on this list which is expected since it has a high lumen count. It’s the least energy saving on this list, however, it is still better than its fluorescent equivalent.
Its design adds more a beautiful aesthetic to your kitchen. It features decorative end caps that match well with the kitchen. The design prevents any glare, dazzle, or spot dot for efficient illumination.
You also have adjustable brightness like the Hykolity LED Lights. You can dim the brightness to 100%, 50%, or 25%. If you find the 8800 lumens too bright for your kitchen, you can just lower the brightness with this feature.
Just like most kitchen ceiling LED lights, it is advertised as easy to install. However, some people find it difficult to install. Overall, at 8800 lumens, it’s one of the brightest LED lights you can have for your kitchen ceiling.
- 8800 lumens is the highest on this list
- 4 feet kitchen ceiling light ensures your whole kitchen is covered
- LED lifetime rating of 50,000 hours is the same as the best overall
- Might be hard to install for different surfaces
- The color temperature might not be to your liking
Best Energy Saving LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling: AntLux LED Flush Mount Puff Lights
- ✔ SUPER BRIGHT – High-efficient LEDs provide 6600lm output only at 60 watts, which is great to...
- ✔ NEW DESIGN – Thermal formed diffusers provide soft and comfortable light with high...
- ✔ HIGH PERFORMANCE – This 4ft led kitchen lights are made from high quality LEDs and drivers...
If you want the best energy-saving LED lights for your kitchen, the AntLux LED Flush Mount Puff Lights will make an excellent option.
They operate at 60W which you might not think is great for energy saving if you compare it to the cheap Taloya LED lights at 20W.
However, the lighting of the 20W Taloya is not that bright meaning you might have to use 2 or more of them to achieve the brightness you need for your kitchen.
These Flush Mount Puff Lights have an output of 6600 lumens. The lights provide the right amount of lighting for your kitchen to be used properly.
There are thermal-formed diffusers that provide soft and comfortable light with high transmissive. So the lights won’t shine too much or hurt your eyes.
Just like the TychoLite LED Light, the Antlux LED light measures 4 feet in length. That’s enough coverage in terms of illumination for a large kitchen. They offer 360 degrees of illumination so you are sure that it will give the right light for cooking.
Out of all the LED lights on this list, this one is the easiest one to install. Most customers didn’t have a problem installing it compared to other reviews of LED lights on this list.
The downside we can come up with these LED lights is they may be too bright for your liking. Some also flicker too soon. However, if you contact AntLux, they will reply to you promptly and will replace the faulty ones.
- Easiest to install among the LED lights on this list
- Best lumen to watt ratio on this list
- Wide illumination coverage for your kitchen
- May contain faulty lights which can be replaced
- Light may be too bright to your liking
Type of LED Lights for Kitchen Ceiling
There are different types of LED lighting with different uses and features. These are some types of kitchen ceiling LED lights that you might find interesting and add to your kitchen.
LED Kitchen Lights
The most basic among them. LED kitchen lights will provide enough lighting to your kitchen from a single fixture in the ceiling. You can also use them in other areas of the house so they’re a lot versatile.
What’s great about them is that they’re usually easy to install. Some also come with color temperature options so you can choose how the light will shine or its brightness level.
A disadvantage of having them is that they don’t go with a remote. Some people don’t mind it that much.
Flush Mount LED Lights
What most of our LED lights on this list are. Flush mount LED lights are just a solid choice for your kitchen ceiling. Their design is sleek enough to fit any kitchen ceiling. They’re decor-neutral and focus more on lighting than aesthetics.
What makes them great for the kitchen is that they usually come with high-quality fire-resistance plastic shells so they don’t catch fire easily. They also have lower power consumption while still having high brightness. They make the ideal LED light for kitchens.
Hanging Kitchen Lights
These are more about design instead of function. Hanging kitchen lights or pendant lights are great for area lighting and not for full coverage. They’re best used for hanging over the island or at a dining table in the kitchen.
What’s great about them is they can be dimmable when used with compatible ELV dimmer. They make your kitchen look stylish while still producing quality light.
If you have kids at home, you might want to reconsider getting this. The glasses are really thin so if kids get playful in the kitchen they might hit these and will break easily.
4 Foot LED Light Fixture
If you have a larger kitchen needing a wide area coverage, the 4 foot LED light fixtures are the best. They have a wide area of illumination which is perfect for larger kitchens. They’re also much better at energy efficiency.
The only downside they have is that they often don’t have a replaceable LED light strip/bulb. If one breaks down, you might have to change the whole thing.
Features to Consider for Kitchen Ceiling LED Lights
Kitchen lighting is different from the other areas in your house. These are some things that you have to check if you want effective lighting in your kitchen.
The size of your light depends on the size of your kitchen. You don’t want to buy small LED lights for a large kitchen. It won’t cover enough of the kitchen area and may become the cause of accidents.
If you want wide coverage, go for either all of the ones on this list except the Taloya LED ceiling light. They have wide lengths and will have the right coverage for most large kitchens.
The Taloya LED ceiling lights are only great for small kitchens or you can buy more of them to cover a large area. At that point, you’re better off buying a larger-sized LED light for better power saving.
Wattage can tell you how much you will be saving on electricity. However, it also means the lower the wattage, the lower the light output. To give you an idea, here are some wattage range:
- 20 – 30 watts – budget or cheap LED lights
- 60 – 80 watts – mid-range LED lights
- 80+ watts – high lumen LED lights
It depends on what you are aiming for. There’s no bad option among them so choose what you prefer more between saving money or having brighter lights.
Brightness is usually predicted by the lumen count. A higher lumen rating is equal to having a brighter light output. Most regular LED lights for the kitchen have around 3000 to 7000 lumens.
You want the best brightness for your kitchen so having high brightness is usually what you’re going for. Go for the TychoLite LED Light Fixtures Linear Flush Mount Lights which have the highest lumen count of 8800 lumens.
Color temperature is simply the color your lights will emit. It would be better to have a clear bright white light for the kitchen for better vision when you’re cooking.
Some of the LED lights on this list have adjustable color temperatures so you can adjust them depending on your preference. Choose the Hykolity LED light for different color temperatures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are LED Lights Good for the Kitchen?
LEDs are generally good for overall use so they are definitely good for the kitchen. They’re also better at providing light at a much energy-saving cost.
How Many Lumens Do I Need for a Kitchen Light?
A small kitchen of around 70 square feet requires at least 2,100 lumens to have efficient lighting. Regular kitchens (150 square feet) will need at least 4,500 lumens while the larger ones will need at least 7,500 lumens.
Lighting is important in the kitchen so you can do the preparations and cooking properly. A great LED lighting for kitchen ceilings will give you the right amount of light coverage. The LED lights on this list are sure to provide you with the right light coverage.
|Lithonia Lighting LED Vanderlyn Linear Flush Mount||Hykolity LED Flat Panel Flush Mount Light||Taloya LED Ceiling Light||TychoLite LED Light Fixtures||AntLux LED Flush Mount Puff Lights|
|Wattage||32 watts||48 watts||24 watts||80 watts||60 watts|
|Luminous Flux||3100 Lumen||4800 Lumen||2400 Lumen||8800 Lumen||6600 Lumen|
|Special Features||No Additional Features||Dimmable, CCT||Not Dimmable||Super Bright, Instant On, Dimmable, 5 Year Warranty||Easy to Install, Instant On, New Design, Super Bright|