If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Are you looking for the best bulbs for projector headlights for your car? If yes, then you are in the right place as we have researched and prepared a list of the top-rated LED projector headlights to help you get the perfect LED bulbs.
While most vehicles come with halogen bulbs, you can replace them with LED projector headlights for enhanced visibility at night. Top-rated led projector headlights typically cost more than ordinary bulbs, switching to them is a worthy investment.
- Our Top Bulbs for Projector Headlights Reviews
- Best Overall Bulbs for Projector Headlights: NINEO H11/H8/H9 Extremely Bright LED Headlight Bulbs
- Best LED Headlight Bulbs for Money: Lightening Dark H11/H8/H9 10000 Lumens Bulb
- Best Cheap LED Headlight Bulb: Cougar Motor H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulb
- Best Single Beam LED Headlights: Auxbeam Extremely Bright LED Headlight Bulbs
- Best Night Visibility LED Headlight Bulbs: HIKARI 2020 Top XHP50.2 H7 LED Bulbs
- Bulbs for Project Headlights Considerations and Features
- Why Choose LED Headlights
- Reflector Vs. Projector Headlights
- Wrap Up
Our Top Bulbs for Projector Headlights Reviews
When you search for LED projector headlights bulbs, you will find a wide variety of options available in the market today. Consequently, finding the best bulbs for project headlights can be a considerable challenge. We have researched and prepared a detailed review and a guide of the top-rated projector headlights bulbs that you should consider.
Best Overall Bulbs for Projector Headlights: NINEO H11/H8/H9 Extremely Bright LED Headlight Bulbs
- SUPER BRIGHT - Utilizing Customized Chips,each H11 led bulb can light up to 6000 lumens@6500k...
- ADJUSTABLE MOUNTING - Besides brightness,we have designed the latest 360 degree fully adjustable...
- 360 DEGREE LIGHT DISTRIBUTION - Boldly Utilizing ultra-thin side design,LED side face only has 3.45...
The NINEO H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs is our top pick for the best bulbs for project headlights. It comes with great features and is also relatively affordable as compared to other products in its category. With the ultra-thin design, the LED bulb provides a wider viewing angle by ensuring a 360-degree uniform light.
Additionally, the bulbs utilize customized CREE Chips for extremely super brightness. With the customized CREE chips, the LED headlight bulb has the ability to light up 6000 lumens at 6500k. It produces a perfect beam pattern of white light that is 5 times brighter than halogen bulbs.
It also comes with an adjustable adapter design, which is one of the key features in bulbs for projector headlights. The feature allows you to easily make adjustments for ideal bulb alignment to have the right beam pattern.
The LED headlights feature a maximum cooling system that includes a unique coverless dual ball with a fan design for ultimo cooling. This helps in ensuring that the headlights serve you for long.
Moreover, the NINEO headlights are a proper fit for most vehicles. With the versatility, you do not need to have any worries about whether the bulbs will fit into your car’s headlight. It is also easy to install due to its smart design. You can install these bulbs in your car in just 20 minutes.
What We Like
- Wide viewing angle
- Super bright as it is five times brighter than stock halogen bulbs
- Adjustable adapter design
- Great cooling mechanism
- 360-degree uniform light
- Easy installation
What We Didn’t Like
- Involves swapping bulbs and igniters
- Comes with separate modules
Best LED Headlight Bulbs for Money: Lightening Dark H11/H8/H9 10000 Lumens Bulb
- Built with premium quality Korean CSP Y19 chips, H11(H8/H9)LED bulbs will provide increased...
- 360°ADJUSTABLE BEAM PATTERN - With the all degrees adjustable mounting collar, you can make a...
- THERMAL ANALYSIS - Advanced thermal analysis technology limits the critical temperature of the LEDs....
The Lightening Dark LED Headlight Bulb is another premium quality product that you should also consider if you are in the market for better visibility. The H11 LED bulb features a customized CREE LED array for enhanced efficiency. It comes as two pieces of bulbs, each with an output of up to 5,000lms.
The 5,000lms output is higher than what most LED headlight bulbs in the market can provide. Apart from the bright light, the bulb offers a wider lighting area and a higher focus than standard headlight bulbs. This ensures safe night driving as there are no foggy light or dark spots.
Besides, the LED headlight bulb features intelligent output technology for fine-tuned power output. The technology ensures that there is improved light efficiency with lower heat resistance and better optical density. It also features an advanced LED chip that includes a turbofan for longer hours of continuous light.
Its advanced thermal analysis technology helps in limiting the LEDs’ critical temperature. The technology uses copper as the original plate. With the copper plate, the heat from the LEDs is able to transmit to the high-power fan quickly.
The LED headlight bulb has a 360-degree adjustable mounting collar that provides all degrees of the adjustable beam pattern. This adjustable collar allows you to make angle adjustment of the bulb mounts for proper alignment. Therefore, it helps you get a perfect beam pattern and the right light output for better night visibility.
What We Like
- Improved thermal analysis technology
- All degree adjustable beam pattern
- Highly efficient CREE LEDs array
- Intelligent output technology for a longer lifespan
- Easy installation
What We Didn’t Like
- Sometimes the bulb may start flickering
- The blue color makes the lights a bit dimmer
Best Cheap LED Headlight Bulb: Cougar Motor H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulb
- EXTREMELY BRIGHT: Cougar Motor H11 LED bulbs are used double-sied customized highlight source,+300%...
- FANLESS DESIGN: The new fanless design, noiseless and more stable. Provide a quiet comfortable...
- NON-DESTRUCTIVE INSTALLATION: Directly plugged wireless design, 1:1 halogen light source. No need to...
The Cougar Motor LED headlight bulb relies on great CREE LED chips that provide high power and enhanced efficiency. The top CREE LED chips offer 6000k of white light without any foggy light or dark spots. With the latest technology, the bulb provides a perfect beam pattern and great luminous efficacy.
Designed with a full aluminum housing and a powerful TurboCool fan, this bulb provides over 50,000 hours of continuous light. The LED headlight bulb is several times brighter than stock halogen headlights.
The LED headlight bulbs perform well in any conditions and can also last for over 50,000 hours due to its modern technology and 7.000 RPM fan. It also features rugged construction that consists entirely of aluminum. With the powerful fan and the sturdy construction, the LED headlights can work even in harsh conditions.
Moreover, the bulbs are also easy to install with plug and play installation. You can install the bulbs in just 20 minutes if the mechanic has the experience and know-how to do it. The bulbs can work with the most computer systems in various vehicles without issues and also CanBus-Ready.
What We Like
- Power TurboCool fan for maximum air cooling
- High power and greater efficiency than stock halogen headlights
- Lasts longer, as it offers over 50,000 hours of service
- Easy installation
- CanBus-Ready and works with computer systems in most vehicles
- The latest technology that allows for a perfect beam pattern
What We Didn’t Like
- Sometimes light bulb may flicker
- Does not fit in all vehicles
Best Single Beam LED Headlights: Auxbeam Extremely Bright LED Headlight Bulbs
- 【ULTRA-HIGH BRIGHTNESS】 F-16 series Led lights with 2 Pcs of 9006 HB4 led fog light bulbs, each...
- 【HIGH POWER LIGHT BULBS】9006 HB4 led fog light with 60W Power(30W each bulb), Luminous Flux:...
- 【BETTER LIGHT OUTPUT】6000K white light reflect road signs and road paint better to show you...
The Auxbeam LED headlight bulb is one of the best single beams LED headlights in the market today. It comes with many premium features that make it stand out from standard LED headlights. Just like most top-rated bulbs, the LED headlights come as two pieces of 9006 HB4 HB4u bulbs.
It includes two pieces of top power CREE chips for super brightness and excellent efficiency. Moreover, the LED headlight bulbs can be used for both fog light and headlight applications. The 9600 HB4 HB4U offers 60W, with each LED bulb delivering 30W or 3000Lm per bulb.
The bulbs feature a wide working voltage of between 8 to 48V, which means that they can fit a vehicle with 12V to 24V. Its operating temperature ranges between 40 degrees Celsius to 150 degrees Celsius making it ideal for almost all conditions. The two pieces of bulb deliver 6000K that provides super brightness without dazzling other road users.
The only downside thing about these LED headlights is that their decoding function may fail to work for some vehicles. For instance, the decoding function won’t work with mini cooper vehicles. Therefore, if you suspect that it might not be compatible with your vehicle, you can check other products on our list or use our guide to find a perfect option.
What We Like
- High power CREE chips
- Extremely bright bulbs that do not dazzle other road users
- Apply to for light and headlight
- High-tech fans to regulate heat radiation
- Easy installation (plug and play design)
- Low voltage protection
What We Don’t Like
- Its decoding function may be tough to service
- The conversion kit might not fit in some vehicles
Best Night Visibility LED Headlight Bulbs: HIKARI 2020 Top XHP50.2 H7 LED Bulbs
- 【TOP XHP50.2 LED】Compared to regular halogen bulbs, XHP50.2 LED provides more lighting...
- 【High Lumens Performance】Whether you need extra visibility while night driving or...
- 【Wider Beam Pattern】 The all-new XHP50.2 LED bulbs feature a much wider beam pattern designed...
The HIKARI 2020 LED headlight bulb is another top-quality product that can apply to both headlight and fog light. It features a great technology that ensures a patented design and uniform beam pattern. The bulbs are also street legal as they produce bright light that does not dazzle the oncoming traffic.
Additionally, the bulbs provide a wider light without shadowed areas and no dark spots, making it ideal for night visibility. With design and functionality, the LED bulbs easily adapt to all conditions such as foggy day, snowy day, haze weather, and rainy day.
The LED headlight bulbs come with top LED chips that include a copper Submount, which produces 10000Lm brightness. This allows the bulb to offer great reliability and stability and, most importantly, better night driving vision.
The only downside about these bulbs is that they might not be compatible with some vehicles. However, with an H7 adapter, you can manage to use the bulbs in most cars that do not use H7 headlight bulbs. These include VW, Hyundai, Kia, BMW, Mazda, Saab, and much more.
Finally, the product comes in a pack with two pieces of LED headlight bulbs and a user manual. The LED bulb features a great design that allows for easier installation. It also comes with the latest cooling technology that combines with the efficient light to deliver 50,000 continuous lightings.
What We Like
- Top LED chips with Copper Submount
- Uniform and adjustable beam pattern
- Wider lighting area for greater vision
- Latest cooling system technology
- A super bright light that does not dazzle other traffic
- Reliable and stable lighting
What We Didn’t Like
- Hard-replacing may take considerably more time
Bulbs for Project Headlights Considerations and Features
When it comes to bulbs for project headlights, there is a wide option and also a number of features to consider. Therefore, we understand that you might be finding it hard to choose the best bulb for project headlights.
To pick the right LED bulbs for your project headlights, you should look out for the features that we have discussed below. These include:
The first thing to consider when you are in the market for the right LED bulbs for projector headlights is the quality of its construction. This helps you choose bulbs with a longer lifespan, which enables you to get great value for money. Some of the top-rated LED bulbs for project headlights
Design is the other important feature that you also need to consider if you are in the market for the right LED bulbs. Most LED bulbs for projector headlights feature a play and plug design that allows for easy installation. Checking design also enables you to determine if the bulbs are compatible with your vehicles.
If you are looking for the best bulbs for projector headlights, then you should know that light output directly affects their performance. Bulbs with higher output provide better and wider visibility, especially at night and also in foggy conditions. The best bulbs should have at least 8000 lumens light output.
Choosing headlight bulbs with a proper heat dissipation mechanism is a brilliant idea as it means that these bulbs will offer more hours of service. LED bulbs feature construction and functionality that leads to the production of little heat. However, this does not mean that you should not consider the effectiveness of its cooling mechanism.
Headlight bulbs with proper cooling mechanisms are able to ensure that the temperature of the lights remains at the lower side. This allows them to provide more hours of continuous lighting. Basically, each LED headlight bulb should include a proper heat dissipation mechanism, which can either be a single or dual mechanism.
When it comes to LED bulbs, most brands mention the lifespans clearly as it is a key feature that influences potential customers. The best LED headlight bulbs should offer at least 10,000 hours. Most of the bulbs that we have reviewed above have over 50,000 hours.
It is wise to check your manual to ensure that you pick the right LED bulb that would perfectly fit in your vehicle. You should avoid purchasing a product until you are sure that it is compatible with your car as this can lead to a wastage of money and time.
The other important feature to consider when buying any lighting product or electronics is the warranty. Products with warranties offer great value for money and are usually genuine and of high quality as compared to those that do not come with one. Most LED headlight bulb brands offer two-year warranties, which is enough time to identify any faults.
Usually, white LEDs are measured in Kelvin, while LED colors are measured in nanometers (nM). Bulb lights with higher numbers produce a cooler color as compared to the ones with lower numbers.
Most of the top-rated LED bulbs produce bright colors that range from 3,500 to 5,000 Kelvin.
Types of LED Headlights
There are two types of LED headlights. These include:
As the name suggests, a single-beam headlight comes with one single function. The single beam bulb creates one beam, which could be a low or high beam. Therefore, if you would like to have a low and high beam in your car, you will have to acquire two single-beam LED bulbs.
It is also important to mention that you can’t use single-beam and dual-beam headlights interchangeably due to the differences in the wiring. In most cases, people use H11 LED headlights for low beams.
A dual-beam LED headlight is a single bulb that has two functions, high and low beams. Usually, all cars, SUVs, and trucks headlights have two functions.
Types of Projector Headlights
There are different types of projector headlights.
- LED: LED projector headlights are among the latest innovations in the industry. These bulbs are purposely designed to save the excessive waste of reflector and, most importantly, provide efficient power reflection. Besides, these bulbs are more powerful and also last longer.
- Halogen: Halogen is one of the oldest technologies in the vehicle headlights industry. It uses its ultra power to reflect beam lights to the road for better visibility. While these headlights can be a great option, they are not as efficient and powerful as LED projector headlights.
- HID: These headlights are in use even today and are usually more powerful than halogens. Therefore, you should not connect HID bulbs in the Halogen port as it is more powerful.
- Halo: Halo headlights feature a great design that includes cold cathode fluorescent lighting (CCFL) tubes and a super-exclusive ring version ring. This gives it an excellent look while driving at night.
Why Choose LED Headlights
LED headlights offer great benefits as compared to other types of headlights. Some of the main advantages of choosing LED headlights over types include:
Choosing the best LED headlights for your cars or trucks can help in preserving and protecting your automobile’s battery. This ensures that your battery lasts longer, which saves you money and time that would be spent in changing it.
Affordability Over Time
While the best-LED headlights may be more expensive than their counterparts, in the long run, they will help you save money as they have a longer lifespan. With a relatively long lifespan, you do not need to change them often.
LED Headlights offer better visibility than other types of bulbs. Therefore, when you drive at night, you are able to see over greater distances as compared to driving a car with halogen bulbs. Moreover, they come with anti-glare features that do not interfere with the other traffic.
Brighter Than Halogens
LED headlights are usually brighter than halogen lights. Unlike other types of headlights, LED headlights do not have any shadowed areas or dark spots.
Reflector Vs. Projector Headlights
While these two types of headlights feature a great technology, there are several reasons why many car owners opt for projector headlights. Some of the main advantages of projector headlights include:
- Projector headlights have impeccable power supplies, which offer better visibility without causing excessive reflection that would distract other motorists.
- Projector headlights come with a power reflective dark spots and puzzling beam pattern that help focus the power on the road only.
- Projector headlights favor your destination, especially when driving on a highway.
- Projector headlights are considerably brighter than reflector headlights
- Projector headlights are suitable for modern technology’s vehicle, but it is risky to fit them out on old sections.
While most vehicles use halogen bulbs, replacing them with LED headlights makes a huge difference, especially during the night. We believe that our reviews will help you find the best bulbs for projector headlights. However, if you don’t like the products that we have included in our list, you can also use our detailed guide to search for other top-rated headlights in the market.